We are hiring!Estamos Contratando
Head of Innovation and ResearchAparell wear
Our customer is a US company, with a history going back over several years. They have excelled at growing brands and businesses with rich worldwide heritages, becoming one of the largest apparel company in the world. With an office in Sao Paulo city focused on apparel and footwear, they own and market the iconic brands and a variety of goods under their own and licensed brands.
Descrição do Cargo:
Our customer is seeking a senior professional to act on a Director level on the Research & Innovation department to lead a team of advanced materials researchers across our apparel and footwear teams within Latin America. Reporting to the VP Global Research, this role will work with the product and manufacturing teams to creative materials solutions to our customer. In this work, this role will also work closely with product merchants / managers, designers, product developers and materials commercialization associates within our customer. A successful candidate has a relentless passion for materials innovation, and willingness to drive a technical team focused on researching unique solutions which address consumer material needs for performance and quality. In a world where raw materials are constrained and unsustainable, a successful candidate also has an affinity towards creating new, sustainable, material types, and successfully bring these to market. From the onset of an idea or a design brief, your team will work closely with world leading chemical and materials suppliers to design, create, and commercialize innovative materials for apparel, footwear and accessories. He/she is expected to be challenged and re-think the future of materials and how they are applied.
Esta posição é baseada na Grande São Paulo.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Graduated from top MBA school in Brazil: FGV (prefered).
- Ability to research and create new material types.
- Experience working with global suppliers.
- Understanding of product commercialization process and how to bring materials to market.
- knowledge of materials science, physical properties, manufacturing and test standards.
- Confident speaker. An engaged collaborator, and negotiator. Presentation tools a plus.
- Project management and budgeting skills.
- Team management experience; diverse teams.
- Brazilian Native, English mandatory, Spanish a plus